Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section access in QlikView

Hi,

I want to restrict the access to a QlikView document using the QlikView section access feature. I have the following constraints:

1. I need to be able to reload the data on QlikView desktop edition. (Section access must be enabled in QV desktop edition).

2. Majority of the users will access the application through access point - so the section access should be applicable on the Access point user name and password.

If I have the following fields in section access:

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, DIMENSION1

the section access works in both QV desktop and through access point - the issue is when i access using Access Point, it asks for my username and password twice - once while logging into access point and second time when i open the application.

If I add NTNAME column in the above schema, the QV application works fine in Access Point, but I am unable to open the application using QlikView desktop.

I was wondering if anyone else has faced such an issue in the past and what is the best method to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

I suppose if you use NTNAME and you add in section access

yourdomain\youruser

and this is the account you use to log on your pc, this works for your pc and for access point too

ACCESS,NTNAME,DIMENSION1

View solution in original post

2 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

I suppose if you use NTNAME and you add in section access

yourdomain\youruser

and this is the account you use to log on your pc, this works for your pc and for access point too

ACCESS,NTNAME,DIMENSION1

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot. What I did not realize was that for QV Desktop edition, NTNAME will be my windows login credentials. (In my case it is different from my Access Point due to security related issues).