Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chhavi376
Creator II
Creator II

Section access issue

Hi,

I was implementing section access in my application and my requirement is, that when a District manager opens the report, he should be able to see the data corresponding to his own district, and if a National Manager opens, he should be able to see All the data.

So i implemented security on the DistrictID, where in I used * in the DistrictID column of the security file in case of National Managers.

But when i login from the national manager, all charts are 'no data to display' if no district is selected in the multibox/filter.

and if a select any district from the multibox, the data is appearing for that district.

I want that when no district is selected, all the data should be aggregated.

How can this be done?

7 Replies
girirajsinh
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Chhavi,

What kind of Access National Manager (NM) has ? USER OR ADMIN.

When you put * in Reduction Field (DISTRICT_ID) . It means all listed values in section access for DISTRICT_ID is accessible to that user. It does not mean "all the Loaded values for DISTRICT_ID accessible.

If you have * for NM and you still do not see any values in Chart, make sure there is some associated values with granted values in context of chart. Chart calculation should not have excluded those associated value. You may try again after unchecking "Strict Exclusion" box and see if you get chart for NM.

Normally e,g, lets say you have following case then

NM will see all (1,2,3,4)

NM1 ---  NONE (Access denied for him)

DM1 ---only 2

Dm2 -- only 3

NM2 -- 2 and 3

chhavi376
Creator II
Creator II
Author

‌Hi!

NM is a USER access.

what should be written in place of * then So that I get all the values, and not just the listed ones?

AAnd also, i mentioned that I'm able to see data in case any district is selected in the filter.

I Mean, i need to deliberatrly select the district for the chart to appear.

and the data appears for all the districts only if i select them in the filter.

if the filter is cleared, there is no data in the chart.

REmoving strict exlusion will nit restrict the data in case of DMs

so I can't deselect it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.,

Can you share qvw with sample data.

Need to see if issue is with chart or section access.

girirajsinh
Creator III
Creator III

Which client are you using ? Is it Desktop

chhavi376
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Payal,

Apologies for the late reply.

I was unable to share the application as it is a very heavy client application, and I can't share it.

chhavi376
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Girirajsinh,

Apologies for late reply.

I got the issue right.

Actually the section access sheet did not contain ALLthe districts. (1 or 2 were missing).

That is why it wasn't showing up any data when there was no value selected in the filter.

It clicked to me when i read this

When you put * in Reduction Field (DISTRICT_ID) . It means all listed values in section access for DISTRICT_ID is accessible to that user. It does not mean "all the Loaded values for DISTRICT_ID accessible.

Hence, I added the missing districts in the section access sheet/concatenated the districts from the main table with the section access sheet and it started working fine.

Thanks

girirajsinh
Creator III
Creator III

Answer to your following que

what should be written in place of * then So that I get all the values, and not just the listed ones?

You can either make NM ADMIN and keep blank in Reduction field(DID here) ..

Surely if giving ADMIN to NM is not wise idea then

list all possible DID with some dummy field and assign that to NM in section access

Section application Area ---

Load

'ALL' AS REDUCTION_FIELD

DID AS DID,

FROM abc.qvd;

concatenate

Load

DID AS REDUCTION_FIELD,

DID AS DID

FROM abc.qvd;

OR

Section access area ---