Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section access load from external table fails

I’ve encountered a bizarre problem with section access in QV 10 while building a simple application.

If I load the section access as inline it works just fine:

Section Access;LOAD * INLINE [
    ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD
    Admin, rfry, password
    User, 17, password
]
;Section Application;

However, if I attempt to load the data into a separate external table, and then load that table to handle section access it doesn’t recognize the user ID, and I get locked out of the application.

tmpSectionAccess: LOAD * INLINE [
    ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD
    Admin, rfry, password
    User, 17, password
]
;

Section Access;LOAD

ACCESS,

USERID,

PASSWORD

Resident tmpSectionAccess;

Section Application;
Drop Table tmpSectionAccess;

The same issue happens regardless if I load the source table as inline, or from another source table. I have a large number of users to create, and it makes a lot more sense to load them from a source table, but this issue is preventing it. I’ve done this successfully in the past using NT type section access, which is running successfully in 10. So I’m not sure what’s up.

Am I doing something wrong? 

10 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Fry escribió:

The same issue happens regardless if I load the source table as inline, or from another source table.

I don't get it, is inline working for you or not.

I think loading external tables in the section access will not work, doing a resident will not work either unless you change a field or rename it or something.

Not applicable
Author

Inline works when it is used directly in the section access; statement.

When I load the table first, via inline or from a data source, and then load inside the section access; statement using the resident clause, section access does not work.

I've also just tried a NoConcatenate load inside the section access; section using the resident clause, and this also does not work.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Noconcatenate will have no effect if you don't change/add or remove any fields. Try doing that in the resident.

Not applicable
Author

No effect:

tmpSectionAccess:
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, FILLER
Admin, rfry, password, 1
User, 17, password, 1
]
;

Section Access;
NoConcatenate LOAD
ACCESS,
USERID,
PASSWORD
Section Application;

Not applicable
Author

Does anybody has a solution for this?

I had same kind of problem here.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Experiencing the same issue.  Considering opening a ticket unless others already have.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've also observed such strange behavior during my past assignments. My find is that if we do LOAD Resident for section access then it doesn't work. Alternatively I use to store the table into text file and then load the data from that file in section access, it works fine. May be it could be a bug but I've seen such strange behavior in various versions of QV. I do something like below:

tmpSectionAccess:

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, FILLER

Admin, rfry, password, 1

User, 17, password, 1

];

STORE tmpSectionAccess into tmpSectionAccess.txt (txt);

Section Access;

Directory;

LOAD [ACCESS],

[USERID],

[PASSWORD],

FILLER

FROM

tmpSectionAccess.txt

(txt, utf8, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', msq);

Section Application;

Not applicable
Author

here is some sample file i am attaching......might it helps you.....in this app see the properties of each sheet.

msteedle
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can resolve this by either making all of the values in your initial table uppercase or using the upper function when you load each field during the resident load:

Section Access;

LOAD

Upper(ACCESS) as ACCESS,

Upper(USERID) as USERID,

Upper(PASSWORD) as PASSWORD

Section Application;

Just taking a guess--QlikView may automatically convert things to uppercase when you load data into a section access table, but it doesn't do that when loading something that was already in memory as mixed case. Might be a bug for a scenario they forgot to account for.