cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Securely open a pdf in accespoint

Hi,

I'd like to present a PDF document via the accespoint. I've read about discussions and managed to let users acces pdf.

This could be done via the launcher option or accessing pdf in the extension folder. However, I'd like to secure these pdf's. Only authorized users should acces these files. When placing the pdfs in a public folder everybody is able to access these documents.

Does anyone know a way to secure pdf's which are accessible via the accespoint?

I've seen discussions below

Exposing a pdf document to extranet qlikview users | Qlik Community

Open PDF file from AccessPoint

How to open files from Qlikview Access Point

Thanks,

Peter

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

If you placed the pdf along with the querying qvw you could by using the NT mode use the normal windows access rights. If it's more detailled with section access you could adjust the links to the pdf's accordingly to the logged in user - whereby that's not really safe, it meant only that the user couldn't use the link directly - then he/she could adjust the url within a browser (but maybe it's enough).

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

I'm not sure what you mean with place pdfs along with quering qvw. In my knowledge a pdf document can only be presented to an end user of the acces point when the pdf is placed:

1. in the extension folder, as this a publicly available folder from the accespoint

2. web location to which can be directed

In both cases the pdf reports are not secured. Even if you hash the document links every day it would not be secure.

When placing a document in the same location as the qvw, the documents are local and not accessible for the end user. Could you please elaborate?

Peter

marcus_sommer

I meant it might be possible by using the NT authentication by which the application access will be controlled through the active directory access-rights from the users/usergroups on the mounted folders to use to access other file-types, too. I couldn't really test it because I use DMS authentication but if I put there a pdf and use the desktop client I could open it per url or launch it with an action but with the ajax client it don't worked with a first shot (filesize with 0 - why?).

But I doubt that it will be really useful for you if you could get it practically to work on this very simple level. To be clear, qlikview isn't designed to deliver security on other files then qvw's. Therefore you will need some kind of workaround maybe per automatically mailing the reports to each user.

- Marcus