Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Security on Objects [ English / Español ]

I want to control the access of the users to controls on my documents

Some documents have objects that no all of my users can look but, actually i can't controll these visualizations.

For example, i want that the user 'Juan' will can't look the table of Sales.

Thanks for yours comment and sorry for my english. ^^

Quiero controlar el acceso de los usuarios a los controles en mis documentos.

En algunos de mis documentos tengo objetos que no deberían ver algunos usuarios, sin embargo, pueden verlos todos.

Por ejemplo... quiero que el usuario 'Juan' no pueda ver la tabla de Ventas, dentro del documento.

Gracias por sus comentarios. 😃

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use section access with data reduction to limit access to data on record level.

But as far as I understand you want to create object level security.

IMHO, I would look into splitting your application into domain based applications instead of just hiding objects based on show conditions (that's the only way QV will handle object level security).

Here is an overview over some different security approaches including object level security:

Section Access

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Francisco,

If the object properties you can give users access to objects, or remove access.

If it's only a few users who should not see something, go into the object properties.  Under the General tab there should be a conditional box. 

In this box type:

=not match(OSuser(), 'User1', 'User2')

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use section access with data reduction to limit access to data on record level.

But as far as I understand you want to create object level security.

IMHO, I would look into splitting your application into domain based applications instead of just hiding objects based on show conditions (that's the only way QV will handle object level security).

Here is an overview over some different security approaches including object level security:

Section Access

Not applicable
Author

Thanks... that can help me !

i want do a conditional on the object like this:

[Show when]:
=flagAcces=1;

The Data Reduction can help me... but i neves has used it. I will check that 😃

PD: Sorry for my english ^^