Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gzboy008
Contributor
Contributor

Seek helps for auto create new chart when fulfill the filtering criteria in excel

Dear Friends,

I have a very complicated requirement that I need to use Macros to create new chart if the data fulfill the filtering criteria in excel. I downloaded many qvw files including APIguide.qvw in the forum for studying macro but I'm still confuse about how to use APIguide to write macro for it...

Hope someone can lend me a hand and appreciate I can get some suggestion about how to write macro codes using APIguide, thanks a lot!

Here's the detail.

"QV-ContestNConventions_Test.xlsx" includes the selection criteria for creating chart

pic1.bmp

"Test_Data.xlsx" I input some tesing data.

pic1.bmp

Because Agent_Code "000001" fulfill the filtering criteria of Group1, Report No.1. (Total FYC>=331000 and Total Case>=75 and Life Persistency>=0.8 and A&H FYC>=33000), so I need to create a chart or table box for example as below(Qualifier depends on "QV-ContestNConventions_Test.xlsx")

pic1.bmp

Same story, Agent_Code "000002" fulfill the filtering criteria of Group2, Report No.1.(Total FYC>=496500 and Total Case>=50 and Life Persistency>=0.8 and A&H FYC>=33000), so another chart or table box is created.

pic1.bmp

In a word, how many objects I created depends on how much data fulfill the "Group" requirement in "QV-ContestNConventions_Test.xlsx". I think macro should be the only way I can achieve such complicated requirement. I need to write macro in button to dynamic create new charts. Hope someone can help! Thanks.

0 Replies