Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicolemew
Contributor
Contributor

Select Month but get previously month's value

Hi there, 

I have met some issue when I trying to set table to get both of current month's value and previously month's value. 

For example, I have 3 tables, namely table A, B, and C

Table A

A.SiteA. SnapshotA.CustomerA. Site Key
China 20190630AAA1
US20190630BBB2
UK20190731CCC3

Table B

B. SiteB.SnapshotB. Customer Name B.other fields 
Australia20190630DDD1
US20190430AAA 
China20190430CGD3

Table C 

C.SiteC.Snapshot C.Customer Name C.Customer ID C.Other fields
India 20190531XXXcd123XXXXX

In addition, there is a key of those table, the 'Reporting Period' which equals left 6 char of the snapshot, i.e. 'YYYYMM' 201906

And now, we are developing one more table (a status summary table) to show whether each site and the current reporting month has records in those tables, and please note, a same uploaded file, for example, document loaded 201906, will contain 201906 data for table A,B and 201905 data for table C. 

For example, we want to check which site has value in which table in selected Reporting Period, when I selected Reporting Period as 201906, column 'table A' and 'B' will show 'Y' if the site has value when  '201906', and column 'Table C' will show 'Y' if the site has records when '201905' (previously month). 

Table ATable BTable C
ChinaY  
UK   
USY  
Australia Y 
India   Y

Do you have any idea to achieve the requirement? or could you please give me some idea about it? 

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks a lotttt!

Labels (3)
1 Reply
simrankaur
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I have done this by concatenating the tables and giving them flags, if you don't want to concatenate, you will have to make link table to do the same task, rest all will be same.