Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Select pattern using "Select in Field" Action

Hi there!

I have the following problem which I cannot solve for now. Hope that you will be able to help.

I have a date field with timestamps. I would like to create a button to select all dates in the past (before today). Normally I can type '<=01/11/2010' and manually filter them. But the problem is that I do not want the user to type this manually. Instead, I use a button (that makes several other selections as well), but I cannot make it select only dates <= today.

What type of string can I put in the "Search String" box so that this button can make this dynamical selection. I tried something like

'<='&today(1) and variations of this, but it none of them worked.

Or, maybe another workaround is needed?

Thanks for the help in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Try this:

='<=' & Today()

I think you just need to start it with an equals sign when using a dynamic expression.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try this:

='<=' & Today()

I think you just need to start it with an equals sign when using a dynamic expression.

Not applicable
Author

I have also tried this before. No luck - it does not select anything

😞

Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

I tried it in a sample app. It works definitly in that application. Take a look !

Regards, Roland

Not applicable
Author

Is it possible you don't have your Date Format set up correctly? Create a Text Object and set it to: =Today(). Compare the format there to the format of your date field.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the answers!

I have finally discovered where the problem was - the dates were formatted as timestamps (including hours and minutes). And obviously the comparisson

date_formatted_as_timestamp_DD/MM/YYYY_hh:mm <= date_as_DD/MM/YYYY does not work properly.

I added the expression ='<='&Today()&' 00:00:00' in the Select in field value and it worked.

Thanks again!