Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Select statement for MySQL Connection Failed

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to MySql in QlikView v11.

I have made the corresponding Data source for mySql using a driver for mysql5.1.driver

In edit script when i try to connect using ODBC I'm able to see my data source. It shows connection successful without a username or password. and on clicking the ok button the connection string appears on the edit script as "ODBC CONNECT TO myDatasource".

Next when I click the select button, I get "QvConnect 11.00 SR1 has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience".(PFA)

What do I do? Pls Help!

Regards,

Natasha

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

can u access the MYsql database from outside QV ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Qlik_techie,

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I can access the database from outside QV.

Not applicable
Author

so u mean u have the System DSN made which has been successfully tested & u can access the database & its tables from outside & u dnt have any password also ?

Not applicable
Author

Ya thats right.

I do have a password for the connection but while in QV, whwn i connect i dont need to provide the password!

I can connect using the password and also without the password. I think the password was confiquered while making the data source.

Not applicable
Author

no..........u do need to provide the password.

Not applicable
Author

No,

I can connect without the password.(PFA)

I tried the same thing on another comp and its working alright. The connection and select to the same db is working fine!

Unfortunately I cant use that system and need to solve this issue on my comp.

noPWD.bmp