Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrdunson
Creator
Creator

Selecting previous year summations, using set analysis?

Hello,

I need to create a chart comparing summations (total amt, gift count, ID count) for a year, and a previous year.  I also need the year to be selectable...back 10 years.  For instance, a user selects 2011, and a chart shows 2011 summations and 2010 summations; if 2008 is selected, then 2008 and 2007.  So, I've tried to create a table chart... with the following

FiscalYear:      Total Amount, Gift Count, Distinct ID Count

Prior FiscalYear: Total Amount, Gift Count, Distinst ID Count...

I also have a filter flag for Cash:  [Cash Flag]

1. Here are my first three columns:

Total Amount  = num(sum({1<[Cash Flag] = {1} >} [Amount]),  '$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00)')

Gift Count  = num(count({1<[Cash Flag] = {1} >}[Gift Number]),  '#,##0')

Distinct ID Count = num(count(DISTINCT {1<[Cash Flag] = {1} >} [ID Number]),  '#,##0')

2. Prior year???  I can't get the set-analysis to pull the totals for a previous year...

For instance, in trying to find the previous year Total Amount, none of these work:

= num(sum({1<[Gift FY] = {$(=[Gift FY]-1)},  [Cash Flag] = {1} >} [Amount]),  '$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00)')

= num(sum({1<[Gift FY] = {$([Gift FY]-1)}, [Cash Flag] = {1} >} [Amount]),  '$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00)')

= num(sum({1<[Gift FY] = {"$(=[Gift FY]-1)"},  [Cash Flag] = {1} >} [Amount]),  '$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00)')

= num(sum({1<[Gift FY] = {"$([Gift FY]-1)"},  [Cash Flag] = {1} >} [Amount]),  '$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00)')

How do I select previous year summations, using set analysis?

3 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

you can try this

num(sum({1<[Gift FY] = {$(=max([Gift FY])-1)},  [Cash Flag] = {1} >} [Amount]),  '$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00)')

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You will get basic information from below thread...

Previous year MTD

jrdunson
Creator
Creator
Author

Liron,

Hello, your answer is useful, and I address the need I stated above.  However, let me explain more specifically

I'm trying to calulate differences from year to year, over a ten year period, comparing a) a current year's numbers, and b) the differences from a prior year.  The curent year's numbers and differencs need to show up on the same row.

I need to show this years data (Amt, #IDs, #Gifts), Last year's data (Amt, #IDs, #Gifts), the differences, and most importantly:

a) the number of IDs that have carried over to the current year (that is, "retained"... they were in both years), plus amount differences for these retained ID only; and b) the number of IDs that were left behind ('lapsed' from the previous year), plus the amount differences for these lapsed ID only [how much they gave in the previous year]

I thought I could use set-analysis...but haven't yet found a good example...

jarrell