Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richardouellett
Creator
Creator

Selection For BookMark | table Date Field = table Date Field

Good Morning

I have a table called "Detail" that has several date fields.I would like to provide a user selection that would query the table where for example; Date_Ver = Date_Drw and if needed save this as a BookMark.  I know how to select Date_Ver = 02/25/2017 and Date_Drw = 02/25/2017 but I am looking to globally apply the query Date_Ver = Date_Drw across the entire table.  Can you advise?

Thanks

Rick

19 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Let us take an example from your sample file you attached. You got two dates in there, with only one date value in your Date_Ver field. What is that you want when you select Date_Ver field? You want a new listbox as mentioned in your earlier reply, what values you want in that listbox? Sorry i am trying to understand what you are trying to do here or expecting ?

richardouellett
Creator
Creator
Author

Perhaps a bit of detail...  The 'detail' table contains transactions with several date fields indicating tasks/steps of completion.  80% of the time a transaction is completed on the same day.  In the example I provided it contained transactions for a single day based on 2/27/2017 for Date_Ver; the complete data set has 3 years worth of transactions.  In the qvw provided the selection below only allows analysis of a single day.  If the end used had the ability to select Data_Ver = Date_Drw for a data set contain several months worth of transactions it would be much preferred.

There is interest in looking at this (80%) of the work completed on same day as well as the work in progress (QV can handle this with select exclude.)  My question is really about modifying the user interface to comply with how this client thinks and manages their work.

So going back to your original suggestion how could you put it into a BookMark available to an end user?

LET vSelection = "= Only(IF(GetFieldSelections(Date_Drw) = Date_Ver, Date_Ver))";

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Reference taken from here: Save variable values to a bookmark

Created a Input box and added two variables to be saved inside book mark based on selection.

See attached. I am not sure how we have to test this, i need more dates in Date_Ver to test the bookmark. Let me know if that is possible to populate more dates in that field.

richardouellett
Creator
Creator
Author

Vishwarath

I appreciate you patience and effort.  Several days worth of data was added to your solution and uploaded to FieldEqualsField-5.qvs per your suggestion.  You have provided a user friendly solution.  However I would still like to determine if QlikView will allow the creation of a BookMark when implemented that will yield Date_Ver=Date_Drw and if possible if it will display in the in the current selection window as such. 

Thank you

Rick

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I have a bookmark already inside the qvw file i sent you earlier. I quite did not get you, correct me, when the user selects a date in Date_Ver, i can already see both the dates in current selection box. You want QV to create a Bookmark automatically based on this date selection?

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Check this and let me know if this is what you are looking for. I have two bookmarks created based on different date selections. So even though you come out of selections and go back and select the book mark it would display the data with bookmark saved with different dates. Let me know if i have not explained it clearly. You can find two bookmarks in bookmarks tab.

richardouellett
Creator
Creator
Author

I may be seeking a solution using a QV Bookmark that may not be doable. Here is the criteria.

Assume a 3 year data set where Data_Ver=Date_Drw will query out 20% of the records.  I would like to impose this query on the fly using a bookmark.  Once imposed and the user is now looking at 80% of the records they could then select a single or multiple Date_Ver dates.   Essentially the Bookmark is using a SQL statement Select * where Date_Ver = Date_Drw.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

So sorry I am not sure if that can be possible. But a relevant link here if that would suffice your requirement:

Does Dynamic Bookmark work?

May be some other experts can help here?

richardouellett
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you very much for your effort, time and patience.  You certainly have helped me refine my criteria and expected output.  I am looking for a Dynamic Bookmark after all and appreciate the link you provided.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

No problem.