cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selection of multiple values in multibox

Hi All,

I have attached a sample qvw.

Here is the scope: I want a multibox in which user should be able to select multiple countries. When clear all/ reset selections button is clicked, all filters should be reomved except country (all countries should be removed and one specific country should be seleted by default)

I am struggling with following questions:

1. Why following countries are not selectable in list box:?

"Inida Pakistan" and "United States" (the only difference between these countires and other countires is that these countires have two parts of the names and there is a space between them)

When you try to single select them, they are not selectable and whey you try to select them along others they are not selectable either. Why they are not selectable?

2. How can I ensure that after every time I click on reset selection, "India" remains selected as by default selection?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

TA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if this is what you are looking for (at least one value selected, as in your OP):

=If(GetSelectedCount(WRLD_RGN)=0,'India','("'&Concat(WRLD_RGN,'"|"')&'")')

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. That's a very weird situation you have. Your document behaves the same here. But if I copy your load script to a new file and reload I can select any value, spaces or no. Have you tried creating a new document?

2. Use a button with two actions, one to clear all selections, the other to select India.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Which version of Qlikview your are using for this example?

Could it be becasue of version difference? I am using 10.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I tried both QV10 and QV11 and both behave the same in this.

Not applicable
Author

So it means this is not becasue of the version.

In fact I want to use this for an exiting document and lot of work has been done already.

Not applicable
Author

I have tried by creating a new document as well but for me it shows the same behavior even in new doc.

Can you post trigger expression which you used in new document?

Thanks,

TA

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if this is what you are looking for (at least one value selected, as in your OP):

=If(GetSelectedCount(WRLD_RGN)=0,'India','("'&Concat(WRLD_RGN,'"|"')&'")')

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl,

The expression which you have posted is perfect and I found what I was looking for. The only difference between what you have posted and what I was using is the " " in the last part of the expression 😞

Thanks Swuehl 🙂

Hi Gysbert,

You attached sample is perfect as well and shows exactly what I was looking for. But I did not find any trigger in your qvw. I don’t know how you accomplished this? Can you post your expression which you used in document properties or otherwise?

Though I got what I was looking for but I am curious to know how you did that 🙂

Thanks a lot once again both of you.

TA

Gysbert_Wassenaar

There are two actions defined for the button. Check the Actions tab of the properties screen of the button.