Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Send to Excel missing in Chrome for Windows 8.1

When accessing Qlikview through the access point  using Chrome in Windows 8.1, the "Send to Excel" icon is missing from charts.  Likewise, when users right click on the chart the "Send to Excel" option is not listed.  This is enable in the QMC and working for all users not on Windows 8.1.

I've tried setting pop-up their blocker in Chrome to have our domain as an exception.   All other settings in Chrome look the same as we are using with Windows 7 Professional.

The excel download works using IE.   Anyone experience this and have a solution?  Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gary,

I am not able to help with an answer but I have exactly the same issue with one of my users.  It displays correctly with IE but not with Chrome.  I hope you don't mind me piggy-backing your post so that I see any resolution that may come.

Mike

Not applicable
Author

Tested this but for me it is working. Can you check the Version of Chrome or check for more details

Not applicable
Author

Chrome says it is up to date. Version 34.0.1847.131 m

reinold
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue with some of our users.

For example, an user with Windows 7, 64bit and the latest chrome (auto updated).

In Chrome the Option to export to excel is not available, but in IE11 the option is available.

What could cause this issue in Chrome? And is there a solution for this?

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I can just add some other missing functions in my Chrome Version 35.0.1916.114 m.

- Not possible to make a selection in a multibox

- Not possible to make a selection in a straight table

Everything works fine in IE and Firefox.

(QlikView version 11.20.12235.0409.10)

Hmm. Just found this one, which mentions most of these bugs:

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/supportupdates/2014/04/24/qlikview-1120-service-release-6-is-now-ava...

Time to move to SP 6 it seems.

Kind regards

Niklas

Not applicable
Author

All functions are now back again in Chrome after upgrade to:

Actually this one:

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/supportupdates/2014/05/20/qlikview-1120-service-release-6-update-1-r...

Kind regards

Niklas

mboreham
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks go to Niklas I think,

I upgraded my server last week and my users have reported no further problems so I guess the answer to the original post by Gary is to upgrade the server to the latest service release (Qlikview 11.2 service release 6).

Mike

Not applicable
Author

Installed release 6 and initial testing looks good.  Not all users have had a chance to test but the upgrade solved the issue for the first 2.  Thanks for the advise.

djsampat
Creator II
Creator II