Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Send to Excel not working with Ajax

Hi

We have an ajax page that has a table on it. When I try to export this table to excel, the popup window pops up like it should, but instead of prompting for "would you like to open or save the file", the page comes up with the "unable to view the webpage" error. the URL of the popup reads "http://qlikview/qvprint/*a bunch of letters".xls. I've also tried to export to a .csv and it fails as well. Does anyone know why this is occuring. It works fine with IE plug in. This problem only occurs with Ajax

I would appreciate any help with this.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have figured out a fix for this problem. This problem seems limited to IE7/IE8 and concerns the popup window in the browser that asks if it is OK to open or save the exported file. If you click the checkbox to bypass this option for Excel files, then the export-to-excel starts working again.

Here is the Windows registry key that must be set:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\AttachmentExecute\{0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\Excel.Sheet.8

A binary key of "0" should be set as the value.

I created a file named "ExportToExcelFix.reg" and made it available to my web clients. They only have run the file to fix the Export-to-Excel problem.

You also need to set the correct URL in the QlikView Management Console under QlikView Server Settings and Print.

I hope this helps, and that perhaps a QlikTech support person also picks up on this fix.

Matt Clark

Not applicable
Author

See my reply above for the solution

Matt Clark