Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SendToExcel and DialogPrint macros not working on server

I created two macros, one for SendToExcel and one for DialogPrint and added them as actions to text objects. They work very well when on the desktop client. However, when in web view or on the server, they do not work at all. Why is this happening? Is it because they are unsafe macros? What makes a macro unsafe?

Is there any way to achieve the same result of using buttons for SendToExcel or DialogPrint without using macros?

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is that QlikSense or QlikView ?

Not applicable
Author

This is QlikView

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Your macros.png image confused me as it don't look like QlikView.

Anyway I personally avoid macros, not least because they do not work with the Ajax client but only with the IE plugin.

I would use the <Right Click> and the <Print> / <Send to Excel> functionality available out of the QlikView box.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Rachael

There are a lot of macros that do not work in webview, when you try to exec in the acces point.

problably you are using Full browser, not internet plugin, dont you?

if you want to run this macros that you create to export you will have to install the internet explorer plugin localy in your pc

try this and tell me if you have any problem

hope help

Fernando

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fernando,

Our users access the QlikView application on a browser and I think that has an IE plugin. Should that work for macros?

Thanks!

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Rachel, do you download and install the ie plugin en every local pc?

if you have installed, should work

if you can cut and put an image of your browser in the acces point

Not applicable
Author

I am not very sure about the ie plugins, but this is what it looks like on my browser.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Rachael, for the img that you attached, you dont have IE Plugin installed, try to download and the install in  your pc

you will see the menu different

when you acces to the acces point, in the right part of the screen (at the top) there are a link to download it,

install and the you will have to "open with" ie plugin, there would be a new option in the acces point before enter to the document

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Fernando! Where exactly do I locate the download link? Can you show me a screenshot? I assume every user will have to download this ie plugin as well?