cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending email Alert

Hi,

I want to send an email alert when some threshold is passed when the data is loaded.

1) I successfully configured my server using Qlikview Management Console

CaptureA.JPG

the "Send" test button works, the test email is received.

2) I created a simple alert

CaptureB.JPG

(Sorry it's in French, but it pretty straightforward : if condition 1 (always true) send bogus test mail on reload ("au chargement").

When the Qlikview document reloads though, this email alert is never sent.

If I tick the Interactif (Interactive) checkbox and do a manuel reload of the document I get this poping up:

CaptureC.JPG

which means to me that :

1) the alert detection in itself works (on manual reload, condition 1 is met then the popin with the bogus message appears)

2) as the "preferences utilisateurs" (User Preferences) window shows up with the "Messagerie" (Mail) tab, the app is probably trying to get the email settings from the user preferences instead of the one defined on the server. And then of course it fails as the information is not defined here.

How do I make this work using the server side settings?

(btw, I tried to fill in the same settings tht I used on the server side in user preferences/mail but then, I am not able to send the test message either)

Thanks in advance for your help.

6 Replies
dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Test sending mail from that server via SMTP.

Far to often we think it should work but don't know and then find something simple out like that account cannot relay mail.

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-15744?sr=inbox&ru=4118

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

On your QlikView Desktop, User Preferences, Mail tab have you set up the SMTP details there ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As I wrote, on the server side Qlikview configuration panel (*) , I am able to send (and receive) an email using the "Send" button next to the "Send test email to" field. So the email server I use is able to send mails issued by Qlikview.

I think the issue is elsewhere : why is Qlikview trying to use the settings in the "User Preferences" panel of the app instead?

(*) http://localhost:4780/qmc/SystemSetup.htm, System tab / Setup tab / Management Services / Mail Server / General

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

About using the User Preferences mail panel:

1) I don't think I should use this. I want my email to be sent on data load, not when the app is launched and the settings are not "preferences" of each user, there are server settings

2) I tried to put the SMTP settings on the User Preferences but it doesn't work, I get a " Must issue a STARTTLS command first 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I suspect an Alert email coming from the qvw uses the settings stored in the qvw from the User Preferences.

The QMC settings are only used for emails on QMC task completion / failure.

This certainly rings a bell with me from some years ago.

DTL
Contributor II
Contributor II

Bonjour Olivier

Je viens de mettre en place sur des applications de récupération de données de table SAP, et je viens de m'apercevoir d'un problème similaire au tien :

1 - Lors du rechargement interactif, lorsque la condition est validée, le mail est BIEN ENVOYE

2 - Lors du rechargement par une tâche serveur, et MEME lorsque la condition est validée, le mail N'est PAS ENVOYE

As-tu pu trouver remède à ce problème ? ou bien mis en place une  solution de contournement ?

Mon serveur de production QlivVIEW est en Version 12.1. Mais je suis en parallèle en train de basculer sur QlikSense (ou je souhaite récupérer les scripts/fonctionnalité à l'identique…)