Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server log files [Cal Type] dimension

Hi all,

I need to extract the current CAL type for each user from the Sessions_servername log file generated by the server. As users may have had more than one type of licence, I want to base it on the max of SessionsTimestamp.

I have the following:

only({1<SessionsTimestamp={$(=max(SessionsTimestamp))}>} [Cal Type])

but it doesn't work.

Can someone familiar with the log files advise?

Many thanks.

1 Reply
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

This isn't a Log File related solution but you may well find the solution by looking at the firstsortedvalue() function; sort by SessionTime (Descending) then the first value per user will be the current (or latest) CAL Type.

Alternatively; in the load script sort the table containing the SessionTime, UserID, CALType first by UserID then SessionTime (Descending), then in a preceeding load use the previous() function to compare UserID's - if they're different then you must be looking at the most recent Session for that UserID - if not there must be an earlier one.

Eg::

Policy:

Load *,

if(previous(QuoteNumber)=QuoteNumber,0,1) as CurrentRecordFlag,

if(previous(QuoteNumber)=QuoteNumber,null(),Status) as FullStatus,

month(CreatedDate) as CreatedMonth,

year(CreatedDate) as YearCreated,

week(CreatedDate) as WeekCreated,

ceil(month(CreatedDate)/3,1) as QuarterCreated,

if(Status='Quote' and (today()-CreatedDate)>30,'NTU',if(Status='Quote' and (today()-CreatedDate)<=30,'Pending',Status)) as TrueStatus

//if(FullStatus='Quote' and (today()-CreatedDate)>30,'NTU',if(FullStatus='Quote' and (today()-CreatedDate)<=30,'Pending',FullStatus)) as TrueFullStatus

Resident Policy_TMP2 Order By QuoteNumber Asc, DateTime Desc, PolKey Desc;

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd