Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Session Collaboration Security

Does anyone know if it is possible to only enable session collaboration for certain users?

3 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

This is possible in QV 11.  I'm not sure the about previous QV versions.  In QEMC, go to Documents->User Documents, select a document and then nearby the an option called "Allow Creation of Server Objects" is there an option to include users?  If not, I don't think it is possible.

If it is just be document then a workaround would be to create 2 copies of the same file everytime it is reloaded. (This can be done in Publisher)  One file allows server collaboration and gives access to the group of users that have that permission.  The other file gives access to the other users and doesn't allow the creation of server objects.

Karl

Not applicable
Author

Karl,

I tried your first suggestion and added only myself to the list of people that could create server objects and my colleague, who was not on the list, still had the option to share his session.  By "session collaboration," I am referring to the ability to share the session (the new feature in QV 11 that allows for the online session to be shared with someone else in real time).  So, it doesn't look like specifying users in the "Allow creation of Server Objects" section limits the ability to share a session.

Your second suggestion would definitely work, if it weren't for the fact that the client we are doing this project for is using an extranet server license, which only allows 3 documents max to be loaded on the server.  Because of the three document limit, we have to try to "cram" as much into each document as we can. 

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Brandon,

Sorry.  I see collaboration and I automatically think server objects.  I have to be more careful now with QlikView 11.  I agree with your observations.  There doesn't seem to be a way to limit session collaboration by user.  Above the session collaboration option, I can see that you can assign users for the options of downloading the document and printing and exporting excel, so maybe they run out of time in developing it for QV11.

It's not going to help now, but you should post the idea in the ideas section.

Karl