Did you mean: 
perla_chirag
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis - Year Dimension against People

Hi Qlikers,

I have a Straight Chart.

Dimension: Year

Expression requirement: Out of those people who have inquired about a particular brand, I want those people who have not just inquiried about that particular brand over any year. By this I mean that they have inquired about other brands as well in their lifetime.

My Current Expression: =Count(DISTINCT {<CookieID=p({<Brand={'BrandX'}>}),Brand-={'BrandX'}>}CookieID)

(Note: CookieID is a unique ID which identifies a person.)

Step 1: I take those people who have inquired about 'BrandX' to use in the Set expression.

----CookieID=p({<Brand={'BrandX'})

Step 2: Now, I need to check whether these selected people have inquired about any other brand in their lifetime.

So I exclude BrandX from my Set

----(Brand-={'BrandX'})

Step 3: And take Count of the people that I remain with

-----Count(DISTINCT {<CookieID=p({<Brand={'BrandX'}>}),Brand-={'BrandX'}>}CookieID)

Scenario: When I remove the Year Dimension, and select a particular year, say '2013', I get correct value for that year. But when I add Year dimension, the expression value across dimension value '2013' is slightly higher, because of other people from other years contributing to that year.

Problem is:

The people who have inquired in a different year get attributed against that particular year dimension and few people who have inquired in other years also get distributed to those different years. I want all those people to show up under the same year. Is there any way we can achieve this?

Any help is appreciated.

1 Reply
Digvijay_Singh

Could you please explain how this below can happen, may be I am missing something -

"because of other people from other years contributing to that year."

Not sure how other people are included here even after we filtered our CookieID to BrandX related and if Year field is properly associated, it should show the same number in both cases.