Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis giving wrong result

Dear All

I have a bar chart In this chart I am using Set Analysis, well without any dimension it working fine but as soon as I add a dimension "Financial Year" in it then it is giving wrong result and wrong presentation.

What I am Calculating :

with the help of Set Analysis I am calculating Balance Payment or say Outstanding Invoice value of all financial years means till date invoice pending.

for this I am writing Set Analysis

(

sum({$<trnType={'Sales'},docDate={"<=$(vFyDate2)"},[Financial Year]=>} invGrTotal) +

sum({$<trnType={'Sales'},dVchDate={"<=$(vFyDate2)"},[Financial Year]=>} iAmount)

) / 10000000

What I need :

Now I want to add a dimension "Financial Year in it, but as soon as I add this all Financial Year appear in the chart and Balance coming wrong

I want only selected F.Y. will appear in chart with right balance value

"Yes I know that I am using financial year = in set analysis is the only region of it, but I don't have any replacement of it."

Please suggest me how to solve it.

I am attaching my sample application here

Regards

-anil

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Using this expression

if(column(1),

(

sum({$<trnType={'Sales'},docDate={"<=$(vFyDate2)"},[Financial Year]=>} invGrTotal) +

sum({$<trnType={'Sales'},dVchDate={"<=$(vFyDate2)"},[Financial Year]=>} iAmount)

) / 10000000

)

, I think the chart is correctly limited to your selected periods, without modifying your set expression. But the figures don't seem to be correct to me neither. I noticed that if you select two periods, the total balance also in your first chart will not be the sum of the balance of the two single periods. This is also what you see in my modified chart, the total is consistent with your first chart, but the single lines won't add up to the total.

Is this what you expect? I haven't fully understood your data model and your expressions yet, so I just don't know where to start.

Have a nice evening,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Sir Stefan,

Thanks again, well I found that when I have a need then you are there, hope it will always continue in future, headsoff

to you sir.

Yes you are saying right about balance column. What I am trying to do is that I am clubbing all previous year's balance in select year. means running balance till date year wise.

Yes figure are coming wrong for balance column when I selected 2 Year.

suppose I selected 2 year 2010-2011 & 2011-2012 then the value of balance column for 2010-2011 is 20.60 and for 2011-2012 is 27.53

I am trying to explain more

vMyDate=if input date > FY end date then FY End Date else Input Date

1. 2011-2012 - all balance where entry date <= vMyDate

2. 2010-2011 - all balance where entry date <= vMyDate

3. 2009-2010 - all balance where entry date <= vMyDate

4. 2008-2009 - all balance where entry date <= vMyDate

5. 2008-2007 - all balance where entry date <= vMyDate

hope now it is clear. please guide me in case too.

- anil