Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Analysis help

Hello,

I am looking for help on a straight table.  I am trying to figure out the frequency based off of a common demoninator.  My data simplified is as follows:

Coverage, Claims, Exposures

A, 100, 25

B, 200, 0

C, 300, 0

D, 400, 0

What I am trying to create a table with Coverage as the Dimension, and an expression that is:

Sum(Claims)

/

Sum({<Coverage={'A'}>})

I assume this may be a fairly easy answer, but I am only getting a result in the table for Coverage A, where I would like B, C, D to be divided by 25.  In the example, the data is monthly, so it will need to change if the user selects a different month.

Thank you,

Justin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Sum(Claims)/Sum({<Coverage={'A'}>} TOTAL Exposures)

HTH

Best,

S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Sum(Claims)/Sum({<Coverage={'A'}>} TOTAL Exposures)

HTH

Best,

S

fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Kudos for Sunindia..

Or something like this:

=Sum(Claims)  / Sum(ALL {<Coverage={'A'}>} Exposures)

Grtz. Fred

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you both for the help.  Something so simple I missed.  Well done!

Justin

Nicole-Smith

Be careful if using all:

In previous QlikView versions, the all qualifier may occur before an expression. This is equivalent to using {1} total. In such a case the calculation will be made over all the values of the field in the document, disregarding the chart dimensions and current selections. (The same value is always returned regardless of the logical state in the document.) If the all qualifier is used, a set expression cannot be used, since the all qualifier defines a set by itself. For legacy reasons, the all qualifier will still work in this QlikView version, but may be removed in coming versions.