cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Analysis in Qlikview Straight Table expression

Hi,

I have one question regarding Qlikview Straight table expression. I want to show the straight table Dimension result based on the other field selection but I want to exclude that field selection from expression. Is it possible?

Here is a sample data.

In the attached Test.xls, I have  Director level Data. and in the Test_Alliance.xls file I have Alliance level Data.

I am trying to create a Straight table in which I want to show only those alliances in the Dimension which are linked to Agent when I make Agent selection. But at the same time I want ti ignore the Agent selection in expression and want to calculate those Alliance's total Call count  (irrespective of Agent). Is there any way to do this in Qlikview?

Thanks!

The result Should be:

AllianceTotal Call Count
A1180
A2430
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum({<Alliance = p(Alliance), Agent>} calls)

View solution in original post

25 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum({<Alliance = p(Alliance), Agent>} calls)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny.

I have one more question.  is it possible to use 'Agent' as a dimension with the above expression.

Is there any way to get the below result.

AgentAlliance Call  Count
agent1A1180
agent1A2430
sunny_talwar

What if you use as an expression instead of dimension and then move it all the way to the front?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Cool. Its working. Thanks a lot  Sunny..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Capture.PNG

When I select agent1 and agent2 together, I get the below result. Is it possible to show All agents with the above expression.

Because now when I clear the selection, I am getting null values for Agents.

and if more than one agent is linked to same Alliance, it doesn't show those records separately. instead it shows '-' value.

sunny_talwar

What would you like to see here?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When I click on 'Director A' , I will get agent1, agent2 and agent3 associated with Director 'A'.

So when I click 'Direcror 1', I would like to see all agents under him with the below result.

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

Here you go

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Great!  Thanks a lot Sunny