Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis with List Box Selections

Hi all,

I have a list box and a straight table, both in a state called "OfficeSupplyState." When I have no selections made, I expect the below outcome in the table. When I click on one of the categories in the list box, I expect all the numbers in that category to stay the same, but the values in the remaining categories to go to zero. Eventually, I want to hide the columns that are not selected, but I have that condition turned off while I debug.

The problem I am having is that my table is completely static, no matter which selection is made in the list box. Below is an example expression from my "Office Supplies" column; the other columns are similar. Please help!

=(sum({[OfficeSupplyState]<Category1 = {'Office Supplies'}>}PriceUnitTotal)/1000)*$(vAdjustmentFactor)

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example. The above chart uses an if statement so only sums are returned for the selected years. The below chart shows only the columns for the selected years using the conditional display expressions for expressions. This requires QV 11 or higher.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example. The above chart uses an if statement so only sums are returned for the selected years. The below chart shows only the columns for the selected years using the conditional display expressions for expressions. This requires QV 11 or higher.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Pretty slick; thanks for the response. So there's no good way to do this using set analysis?

-Paul

mikecrengland
Creator III
Creator III

I struggled with a related problem that might help point you to a solution. Users wanted only one list box (out of 10 or so) to act on an object. I think alternate states would have been helpful, but they give me a headache.  It might not be the best way, but it seems to work.

Sum({1<[Segment Name] = {$(=If(GetSelectedCount([Segment Name]) = 0,

Chr(39) & '*' & Chr(39),

Concat (Distinct Chr(39) & [Segment Name] & Chr(39),',')))}

>}[Net Price])

I have the full explanation on my blog if you're interested...  http://fortunecookiebi.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-one.html