Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis

Hi,

I have a set analysis statement that produces a ratio/percentage, something like this:

=(Sum ( {$<flag={'FALSE'}>} counted))/(Sum ( {$<flag=>} counted))

I want this value to be unaffected by users making a selection on the 'flag' value (for use with other charts) - I can replace the $ with 1 to ignore selections, but that ignores all selections.  I want the value to be affected by other selections the user chooses.

So, I want it to take into account the 'flag' values set in the statement, but then ignore any user selections on that 'flag' field.

Can this be done, or is there a better way of structuring things?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Tom,

It maybe worth sharing a sample app and checking on a small set of data.

{$<flag={'FALSE'}>} Will select in field flag = FALSE regardless of the users selection.

{$<flag=>} Will effectively remove any selections that may be present within the 'flag' field.

Did you check your spelling, capitilisation and spaces in field? Maybe its 'False' or 'false'. Maybe there's a trailing space 'FALSE '. In this type of set analysis you need to be exact.

Regards

Richard

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

can you make your requirements more precise. Its difficult to understand. If you share any example it will be easy to help

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi your expression

Does the same

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

If I create a selection box of the 'flag' field, which has the values TRUE and FALSE, and select TRUE, I get nulls for all values, as this:

effectively turns to this:

=0/(Sum ( {$<flag=>} counted)

I want to maintain the result generated with the set analysis statement regardless of the 'flag' user selection.

sasikanth
Master
Master

hi,

write like

if(getSelectedCount(Flag)>0,(Sum ( {1<flag={'FALSE'}>} counted))/(Sum ( {1<flag=>} counted)),=(Sum ( {$<flag={'FALSE'}>} counted))/(Sum ( {$<flag=>} counted))

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

It must work fine it should not return zero.

Can you share a sample app.

Regards

ASHFAQ

richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Tom,

It maybe worth sharing a sample app and checking on a small set of data.

{$<flag={'FALSE'}>} Will select in field flag = FALSE regardless of the users selection.

{$<flag=>} Will effectively remove any selections that may be present within the 'flag' field.

Did you check your spelling, capitilisation and spaces in field? Maybe its 'False' or 'false'. Maybe there's a trailing space 'FALSE '. In this type of set analysis you need to be exact.

Regards

Richard

mahesh_agrawal
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Declare a variable in Variable Overview with "Sum ( {$<flag={'FALSE'}>} counted)".

Remember to add a '=' before the expression in the variable Overview window as it makes the expression global and independent of current selection.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Richard,

Sorted - yes that was the case, a mistake on my part.  Some very helpful info from everyone else though.

Thanks a lot

Tom

richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

No problem Tom. Pleased you got it sorted!

Richard