Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Set Clear State

Hi,

I currently want to set a dynamic clear state on my access point. In order to help navigation on my dashboard I want to prevent people on the access point being able to clear all, in particular with my date and month boxes. I have had to use a listbox expression to create my Year and Period listboxes so I do not have the option to tick the box always one selected.

I was wondering if it is possible that I set a dynamic bookmark, ie Max(FY) and/or Max(Period), as my clear state so when people clear on the access point it will revert to this state?

Perhaps there is a macro I could use also?

Any help would be greatly appreciated on the matter!!

Thanks,

James

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Partner
Partner

Re: Set Clear State

maybe you can use Triggers during "open document" or "opn open sheet"  to define your Max(FY) and/or Max(Period)

then call the following macro and then redefine those triggers again

sub DefineClearState
ActiveDocument.SetClearState
end Sub

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Partner
Partner

maybe you can use Triggers during "open document" or "opn open sheet"  to define your Max(FY) and/or Max(Period)

then call the following macro and then redefine those triggers again

sub DefineClearState
ActiveDocument.SetClearState
end Sub

View solution in original post

MVP
MVP

I think if you set the clear state, it will actually work same way as when you set a bookmark, i.e. if you use an advanced search expression to filter FY and Period, then set the clear state, the clear state will actually store the searches, too.

Not applicable

Thanks for the responses but neither seem to be working.

swuehl‌ unfortnately my listboxes are made from expressions and therefore the listbox loses the advanced search function.

@Rudolf I am unsure how using a trigger will be able to activated when using a macro for Define Clear State. Is there any way i could possibly define the clear state in the macro.

Thanks for the help!!

James

Partner
Partner

I am very certain, that you can define the condition in a macro

(look for API how it works, I need to look also)

and calling the macro "DefineClearState" in another sub is definitely possible