Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis: Combine with current selection

Hi all,

I have the following (simplified) statement to find out which part of the sales of the current selection is red. (Colour can be red or blue)

sum( total {< Colour ={'red'}>} sales) / sum( total sales)

Usually, the user will make a selection on a product, and see what part of the sales of this product was red, this all works fine. When the user makes the selection 'Colour = 'red'', the result is 1.0, or 100%, which is good.
When the user selects 'Colour = 'blue'', the value will become about 0.9, or 90%, while this should obviously be 0. The denominator becomes the total sales of blue products, as it should, but the numerator still selects all sales that are red. So it basically overrides the user's selection. What I want however, is that the numerator is zero, as it should when it takes the user's selection into account.

tldr: When the user makes a selection on a field and I use this field in set analysis, the user's selection is disregarded. How do I prevent this?

Kind regards,

Florian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

sum( total {< Colour *= {'red'}>} sales) / sum( total sales)

Adding intersection operator *

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

sum( total {< Colour *= {'red'}>} sales) / sum( total sales)

Adding intersection operator *

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I was unfamiliar with this operator. Also thanks for mentioning the name of the operator, now I can look it up to understand its use better.

Florian