cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlcoombs
Contributor II
Contributor II

Set analysis restricted by date range

I have an issue trying to report on data.  It has come from 2 separate sources.  Prior to a cutover date, I want to use data from one table.  After the cutover date, I want to use data from a second table.  The tables have similar fields in them. I'm also trying to use a variable to cover a date range as I'm reporting on month to date (vDateSetMTD), last quarter and last 12 months. Cutover date is in 2018.

If I run the query for the current period, my query is returning data from the first table when it shouldn't be.

=(SUM({$<FacilityID={'1'},
Direction={'IN'},
Day={$(vDateSetMTD)}>} ActualValue) // this is the new data table result

+
// this next part uses the old table.  It is returning a result for the second part giving me a negative result.  It shouldn't return anything at all as vDateSetMTD is the current Month

(SUM({$<LocationID={'2'},
FacilityID={'1'},  
Day={'<=$(=Cutover)'},
Day={$(vDateSetMTD)}>} Value) -
SUM({$<LocationID={'3'},
FacilityID={'1'},
Day={'<=$(=Cutover)'},
Day={$(vDateSetMTD)}>} Value)))

In isolation, the first part of the query returns 476, and the second part -628 but it shouldn't be returning anything when vDateSetMTD is July 2019.

Can someone advise what I'm doing wrong?

Labels (4)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Jamie, have a look at the following Design Blog post, I think it may help somewhat...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Dates-in-Set-Analysis/ba-p/1472511

There are further links at the bottom of the post, just FYI, and you can back up the URL to Qlik-Design-Blog/ to search on your own as well there if you need some further info that is not in the posts you can get to via the link.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.