Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Set analysis - selections

Hi,

I have worked with set_analysis before though I was never very proficient in it - now I have a situation where I would like to use a very simple version of it, but I seem to be getting something wrong:

- I would like to use what should be the set >> $N << acc. to the help_file - the previous selection. The background is this: I have a series of excel files, one for every month and in Feb 2017, some errors pop up which might be due to the fact that something changed or was not considered or something between Jan 2017 and Feb 2017. That's why I would like to build some listboxes to just look at the data from January beside that from February.

I could of course do that another way by specifying something like >> $(= Max(Month)-1) <<, but I like trying out different approaches.

Can someone lend me a hand with that, please?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: There is only one value, so the ONLY() function should be the one to use, no?

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you select first Jan and then Mar as another independent selection, your $1 at the time of Mar selection would be 'Jan' (i.e. - previous selection) and not 'Feb'. Do you need to get such output? If so, please let know what exactly you tried with and what was wrong you found.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Tresesco,

did I write March? Sorry, I am selecting February - exactly how to do it doesn't really matter, whether by selection or else - actually it would be easier if I did not have to go back and forth between my selections. I just asked more or less for the sake of knowing.

Anyway, what I want is this:

- I have a qvw where I have already loaded all the Excel_files, so every month is available;

- I am looking at Feb 2017, at some customers where I have false outcomes;

- What I want to do now is see the data from Jan beside that from Feb to check if and what changed, to maybe break my sorting and thus generating an error in a month-over-month-calculation.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I think I have found a solution now. Some customers did not exist in Jan, so with Feb selected, a formula >> ONLY({$<Monat={01}>}) cannot return anything, but as soon as I take the selections off, it does and I find out about the changes.

Well, if there are no issues with the existence of values, then a function >> ONLY({$1} Kunde) << should be sufficient to show me the value in the field "Kunde" for the previous selection, no?

P.S.: Still, when I have selected one custumer_no and that number did exist in Jan, albeit with a different name, then a formula >> ONLY({$<Monat = {01}>}Kunde) << should return the value of the field "Kunde" in 01 although I have 02 selected, no?