Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mokitsu61
Creator
Creator

Set analysis

Hi,

Avg([<key = {"='>' & Min(key))"}>} 1)

Are anyone able to understand this analysis?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In the thread you are referring to the one who gave you the expression said it was a dummy expression. Meaning that it might not make sense and that it is just a placeholder expression. Usually I provide only the number 1 ... a plain single digit of 1 to serve that purpose.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This expression has multiple issues that will prevent it from calculating. Basically it doesn't follow the syntax rules of a set expression.

1) The 5th character is [ and it should be {

2) A search which is attempted by the " inside the { will not work as it uses single quotes and a string concatenation which will not render as any valid search.

3) The search expression ends with two ) and they don't match any corresponding two (.

4) Avg(1) is possibly always 1 so what is the purpose of the set expression at all?

Is this an expression you found in an application made by someone else or did you make it yourself? What is the reasoning behind it?

mokitsu61
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for your replying.

Original topic is follow.

Filter table box rows by range

I got a advice for it, but I couldn't understand example I got...

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In the thread you are referring to the one who gave you the expression said it was a dummy expression. Meaning that it might not make sense and that it is just a placeholder expression. Usually I provide only the number 1 ... a plain single digit of 1 to serve that purpose.

mokitsu61
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, I'm just starting QV and I was spending 1.5 days for trying understand the example I got...