Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set dimension based on a multibox selection

Hello,

I am trying to set a dimension value based on the selection of a multibox selection by a user.  I have attached a sample .QVW with a use case.  When the user selects on the DEPT dimension in a summary table I want either a trigger.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ryan

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

My use case was cutoff.  When a user comes in a selects a DEPT from the Summary Multibox I would like to automatically set the DEPTHis dimension in the History Multibox to the equivalent value.  I cannot perform this as a trigger in the Multibox as it does not allow triggers.  What would be the best solution to support this use case?  This is an actual use case for another app I support and cannot change the underlying datamodel to link the two tables.

Thanks

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Check this?

Change your variable vDept to below using Ctrl+Alt+V

= GetFieldSelections(DEPT)

Then in your 2nd Bar Total Charges History Graph use this as your expression:

= IF(GetSelectedCount(DEPT) > 0, Sum({< DEPTHis = { '$(vDept)' } >}Charges), Sum(Charges))

If you want the History Multibox to be selected as well when DEPT is selected. Use trigger like below:

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vishwarath, One other use case I would need is the ability to select multiple values in the DEPT multibox.  Like IT, Financial.  I tried this, but it does not bring back any data when more then one is selected.  Do I need to wrap the variable a certain way in the set analysis?

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Try this in your expression?

= IF(GetSelectedCount(DEPT) > 0, Sum({< DEPTHis = { $(=concat(chr(39) & DEPT & chr(39),',')) } >}Charges), Sum(Charges))

And change the trigger to below

Capture.PNG