cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Share QVW?

Hi All,

I have a license copy of QlikView 11. Is it possible to share the same QVW with few other people that have licensed qlikview installed? In other words, work(input comments) on the same QVW simultaneously. For example, like Excel workbook where user can set it to "share workbook".

If not possible to share within standalone qlikview, Is there any other options to share QVW?

Many Thanks,

Frank

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

If each of them had a valid licence it's no problem to share the application. But by the approach to work simultaneously I would be careful that nobody overwrite changes from the others.

- Marcus

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Last guy saving will overwrite everybody else's comments.

It is advised to use a QlikView server, there is a collaboration and notes functionality available.

mjm
Employee
Employee

Hello Frankie,

It is possible to share the .qvw file between users who are licensed, but this does mean though that they do not have an up to date version of the data. This will rely on the source qve file being manually reloaded and distributed.

If you are sharing around multiple users, then a qlikview server is always recommended for scheduled and automated reloads and a centralised access for documents by users.

Please mark this response as helpful and correct if this answers your question

avinashelite

Yes, if both the users Qlikview Licence you can share the .qvw file no problem with that . If you want to work simultaneously then you can try instilling the tortoise SVN and sync the same

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick responses.

Mark/Ioannis - Speaking of QlikView Server, does this mean,  2 users can access the same QVW simultaneously with new inputs/updates ? QlikView server will capture the new datas from both users.

Also, does macro works well in a server envirnoment?

Avinash - What is this "tortoise SVN"? and where/how can i get it?

Many Thanks!

Frank

avinashelite

tortoise SVN is a version control tool, if more than one developer is working on the same dashboard it will make sure a version tag will be assigned for each code commit

maxgro
MVP
MVP

Speaking of QlikView Server, does this mean,  2 users can access the same QVW simultaneously with new inputs/updates ? QlikView server will capture the new datas from both users.

session collaboration and annotation (see attached pdf; this isn't add data to the doc, but add commensts)

What is "Allow Session Collaboration " and "Allow Server Annotations " and their use on Server-->...

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I hope the document attached by maxgro covers your question.

Regarding macros, it depends what client you use, not all macros work with both clients, but generally speaking, do not use macros. It is a bad idea and not recommended by Qlik. Among other disadvantages, they flush the server cache.

in case you insist, here is a helpful link :

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4870