Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Shared variables?

Hello folks,

The other day, one of my clients asked if there would a way for the users to know when the figures shown in the QV app are validated and when they are not.

That is, the app is reloaded on the first of each month. Then let's say on the 6th day (but it could be another day) one person is in charge of checking certain figures to see if they are correct. But in the meantime, other people have access to the app and potentially see incorrect figures. We want, during that period, to show a sign on the app informing them that the figures have not been verified yet.

After that period, we want that sign to disappear from the app.

So we thought of two solutions : setting a flag in the database (which the person in charge of checking can set himself), or put a file with a flag in a specific directory when the check is done and deleting it at the beginning of the month.

I had another idea and here is my question : is it possible for the person in charge to set a variable in the UI (thanks to an input box for instance), and to have that variable shared to all users? I don't think this kind of variables exist.

Do you have any other idea how to manage that?

Thank you

9 Replies
emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Note : we do not want to hide the app completely from the users since it still shows the figures of the previous months, which have already been validated.

tajmohamed30
Creator III
Creator III

by default you can have text object(flag) visible dated between 1st to 6th of every month mentioning not verified, so on layout show condition you can set like if current date<=6 the text object should visible and on 7th you can perform trigger mail on reload task, so automatically for the client sending formation about the dashboard is ready to view

emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello Mohamed, the 6th of the month is just an example, it could be any day. I just want the "special user" performing the check to be able to change the display himself by clicking a button (and that change of display to affect other users).

tajmohamed30
Creator III
Creator III

keep one text object and include company logo at top of dashboard / if already present then ok

now create another text object as a flag now on this add layout show condition on clicking logo object this flag will be visible or disappear

emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Mohamed, but I think clicking the logo will make the flag disappear only for you, not for other users, am I wrong?

tajmohamed30
Creator III
Creator III

Hi created sample hope it helps

emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

yes I understood your example but that is not what I meant : here the value of the variable is either 0 or 2. But when user A sets the variable to 0, the user B still has variable = 2. So is there a way to have that variable shared between users, so that if one users sets it to 0, it impacts the other users as well (either immediately or after refresh, it's not important).

chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

As far as I know I don't think it's possible to share input boxes

I think you're probably right with the way you are thinking. The only other way I can think of is to store the variable names (and some text descriptions to help maybe?) and a flag to say they are done in an Excel file, for example, which can be updated by the user checking the figures. Then on the first of the month when QlikView loads the file it can also set the flag back to 0 and store that out so that it needs to be done again.

That's obviously similar to your idea with having a flag in the database but means you don't have to worry about resetting the flag there each month.

tajmohamed30
Creator III
Creator III

Apart from input box or slider object you can use Toggle button.

I have attached the sample which may help.