Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Show/Hide if first row is selected in straight table

Hi team,

I have a straight table and a field has 100 rows with values yes or no.

I would like to know if user selects first row or second row, and based on selection, I would like to show or hide an object.

Is there a way to check the condition to see if first two rows are selected?

Thanks,

SV

4 Replies
Highlighted
MVP
MVP

If you want to know the row number of the straight table, you could capture that information only in the chart itself using rowno(). Otherwise, if it's about record number, you could use rowno() in the script and use that at the front end.

Highlighted

Try like this :

Add reco=no() or rowno() function along with the data in the script then row number will be fixed , then in the front end you can make use of the getfieldselection() and you can hide and show the objects

Highlighted

Selections are not applied to rows or sheet objects. Any selection on a table is a selection of the relevant dimensions. If the row number is a dimension, you could check the selected values and use that for the show or calculate condition.

If the row number is not a dimension, you will need to do a ranking based on the table dimensions and the sort order, which might be quite complex.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Hi,

Is there any field/value you would expect in the first or second row?

Regards,

Jagan.