Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show Last Reload and Next Reload

------------------------------

='Data Updated on: '
&vLastReload

---------------------------------

The above statement tells me when the document was last reloaded. How do i also show when the next reload will be or can it not do that?

So last reload was x and the next reload is y.

Regards

Tyrone

11 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlikview documents are usually not clairvoyant so they won't know when they will be reloaded again. But if you know this date/time in advance you could create another variable and give it this value. Perhaps you reload your document on an hourly basis:

// Start of script

LET vNextReloadTime = timestamp(ReloadTime() + 1/24,'DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss');

...rest of the script...

// End of script

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Instead of using a variable for your last reload date+time, you can also use a function for that:

ReloadTime()

Since it is hard to know when the next reload will be, I would agree with the previous replier about guessing the "next reload date+time".

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.  how do i add that into my expression

='Data Updated on: '
&

vLastReload

Next reload will be:

LET vNextReloadTime = timestamp(ReloadTime() + 1/24,'DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss');

Regards

Tyrone

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The LET statement is part of the script. When you reload the document the variable vNextReloadTime will be given its value. You can use the variable then in expressions in the front end:

='Data last updated on ' & vLastReload & chr(10) & chr(10) & 'Next reload will be at ' & vNextReloadTime

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

While not showing it in Document itself, if you click "View Details" in Access Point, you can see the scheduled time of the next reload.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://robwunderlich.com2015-03-05_11-05-58.jpg

martijn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Rob,

Maybe a stupid question, but where can I find this option? I have serveral QV versions, but I'm not able to show the Next Update.

Regards,

Martijn

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Martijn,

The "View Details" option should be available is the Access Point document list if you are running QV 11. Do you see the option?

-Rob

martijn
Contributor III
Contributor III

That's the thing. I don't see that option:

I’ve tried different QV 11 environments, but I don’t see it…..

Knipsel.GIF

martijn
Contributor III
Contributor III

I’ve done some additional research. Most off our dashboards are refreshed based on a successful event from another task. That is why it isn’t shown.

When a new schedule is made, the next reload time will be shown after the first reload. And the  most important part: you have to have a publisher license