Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show all values in a dimension

Hi All,

I have a requirement to show all countries by month in a pivot with month running horizontally and country vertically. When the user changes the month, the dimension country is reduced to show only countries that have a value and everything else is a null.

I have tried setting to not suppress nulls, but this doesnt work, i have tried to show all values but this does not work

If a create a listbox and write this expression concat(DISTINCT {1}country,',') then irrespective of selections I can see all countries. This expression does not give the same output as a dimension and actually populates nothing.

So how do i get the concat string function output in a listbox to work in a dmension on a pivot table

Your help is much appreciated

Kind Regards,

Byron

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

just uncheck Supress Missing Values. in the presentation tab

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

in presentation tab uncheck supress Zero value

hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

Thank you both for your replies. Tried the above as well and still no luck

Not applicable
Author

Use maximum columns available with u in the chart as dimensions and then check.

thts not going to help u out but atleast u will knw whts the difference its making on the expression part to get the country dimension to get eliminated.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your suggestion mate. Unfortunately, the model is not my own and actually helping a friend out so don't have much visibility as to what his data set looks like. If we figure it out, I will update this post for future reference.

Closing it now

Cheers,

Byron

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

You are too good Gysbert !!!

Thank you very much!

Cheers,

Byron

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert i'am with a similiar problem but in a chart can you take a look in my thread when possible?

Show Dimension and zeros even if no values

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

Very good - solved my problem - thanks