Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piyush_s11
Creator
Creator

Show data from the January Month till the month selected for the respective year

Hi,

I have a chart & a pivot table in which I wanted to show the data from the January month till the month selected in the filter for the respective year.

could you please help me to fix the formula.

13 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Make a small modification in the variable declaration like highlighted here:

FCS_Chart1_Actual

sum({<ObjectID={$1,$2,$3},Dept={$4},[Month] ={"<=$(=Month)"}>}Actual) 

Similar change for FCS_Chart1_Target

piyush_s11
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it is not giving expected answer.
piyush_s11
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately is not giving the expected answer. It is giving same output as per my formula. 

tresesco
MVP
MVP

PFA

Capture.PNG

piyush_s11
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Thanks for your reply. after checking your file it seems that it is working.  could you please let me know what you have changed in the graph to get the expected result.

Many Thanks,

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Made changes in the variable definition (not in chart )  as already mentioned above.

piyush_s11
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry to say, but I can't find any change in the formula of the chart & function written in the script in your file

Iamge3.PNGImage 4.PNG

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Not in the script but in UI. Press Ctrl+Alt+V for variable overview window, ad then search for the two variables FCS_Chart1_Actual, FCS_Chart1_Target
piyush_s11
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Thanks for your kind help. could you please let me know what should I write in the script function of Month selection as every time I reload the dashboard the condition goes away.

for ex : sum({<ObjectID={$1,$2,$3},Dept={$4},[Month] ={"<="}>}Actual)

every time I reload the document the month condition goes away.

Thanks