Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timsworldroamer
Partner - Contributor III

Show full list of items when using aggr() in listbox

Hi everyone,

I'm in a situation where I want to show only items exceeding certain sales figures (adjustable using a slide bar) in a listbox, using an aggregate function:

=if(aggr(sum(sales), item)>$(vSales),item)

The only problem is when I select an item from the list, it displays only the selection(s) rather than the full list of applicable items (just A rather than A, B and C).

Is there a way to get around it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

=if(aggr(sum({<item=>}sales), item)>$(vSales),item)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

=if(aggr(sum({<item=>}sales), item)>$(vSales),item)

sunny_talwar

Adding {1} should also work:

=If(Aggr(Sum({1}sales), item) > $(vSales), item)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Right, but it will also make the filter itself insensitive to user selections, won't it?

sunny_talwar

Yes you are right, but I was not sure if we need user selections in other fields to impact Sum of sales expression or not. May be this Aggr() function is only to do a comparison to vSales variable regardless of selection in any field. I may be wrong, but just listing out another possibility

timsworldroamer
Author

Thanks - for some reason it totally didn't occur to me putting item back in the set analysis would do the trick. Thanks so much for the quick response.

timsworldroamer
Author

Thanks Sunny for the input. Not exactly a direct solution to my problem but will note your approach as potential candidate to another problem in the future. Appreciate your response here!