Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
posywang
Creator
Creator

Show/hide partial sum

Hi,

We got a user request to allow users to show/hide partial sum on particular dimension they select. I created duplicate dimensions in pivot table and assigned conditional by using a variable to show/hide dimension with or without partial sum enabled. However, I still haven't figured out a smart way to let user show/hide dimension on particular dimension they select. I don't want to create many show/hide buttons to control each dimension. Sample QVW is attached. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

See if this one works

View solution in original post

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

So where do you plan to pick the dimensions for which you want to show or hide subtotals?

posywang
Creator
Creator
Author

Not sure if we can create a second list box (doesn't have to be) for user to select the dimension? I don't know. Feel free to design anything that works.

sunny_talwar

See if the attached is good for you.... The second list box (which is in an alternate state) will only show up when you select Show Subtotal and then you can decide which dimensions you want to show subtotal on.

posywang
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the quick response. The attached doesn't seem to work... Show/hide button only show/hide the new list box. Both duplicate dimensions were displayed.

sunny_talwar

Are you using QlikView 11.2 SR7 or before?

posywang
Creator
Creator
Author

Version 11.20.12451.0 SR7

sunny_talwar

That is why it did not work.... can you rerun the application for me with another field which is exact copy of _dimensions?

LOAD _dimension as _dimension2,

_dimensionPosition as _dimensionPosition2

Resident Dimension;

posywang
Creator
Creator
Author

Please see attached.

sunny_talwar

See if this one works