cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richnorris
Creator II
Creator II

Show movement in a chart?

This strikes me as one of the simplest and most common types of chart, but I can't for the life of me figure out a decent way of doing it?

Basically, I have data for one month / week / day / year, whatever, and the previous month / week / day / year, and so I want to create a line chart that shows for all my dimensions the growth / decline. So if there are 5 logins one day and 5 the next, that's a growth of 0. If I have 100 one day but 1 the next, its a decline of 99. I've tried using 'above()' but it just doesn't work at all when you use it in a line chart with more than one dimension. (And sometimes with only one dimension it still breaks completely).

Surely, there's a really simple way to do this? One that doesn't need me to give an example of my data, because agnostic of my content this is such a trivial issue? Surely? I feel like I'm actually going mad, because none of the things I've come up with have worked at all.

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

I think you are right, that this should not be tricky, but on the same front not knowing what your dimensions and expressions are, it rather becomes difficult to know what you might be doing incorrectly. I suggest you to share a sample to show what you might be doing, so that we can put you in the right direction

richnorris
Creator II
Creator II
Author

lets say I've got 'Year_Month' which is a date field of type 'MMM-YY', a KPI called Logins, and a dimension called Apps. And I'm saying Sum(Logins) by Apps and Year_Month.

sunny_talwar

All of what you have mentioned above doesn't give any information as to what your problem is? Are you hesitant to share information? I mean if you are not able to share a sample... at least share images of what you have and explain what you want? What is the expression with Above() that you tried and it didn't work. Without all this information, I am not sure what exactly do you need help with?