Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show not distinct value in Objects

Hello everyone,

I want to show the not distinct values in objects.

For example,

Load * inline

[

Duplicate_Data

];

While the list box shows only distinct value 1 for once. I think It make sense from the view point of business, since we make selections on it, which makes automatic grouping to be reasonable. But from the view point of data, it's weird because QlikView transforms my data without my permission!

I'm really confused about this point, and can any one help me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks all guys' help, and I was thinking to do group by hand. QlikView already treat data the right way.

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like:

Load Dual(Duplicate_Data, rowno()) as Duplicate_Data  inline

[

Duplicate_Data

];

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

QV has not transformed your data - there are still three rows, but QV only displays the value once as there is no way of distinguishing the rows. QV is not a normalised database, so it allows duplicate rows.

To see this, create a straight table with Duplicate_Data as the dimension and Sum(Duplicate_Data) as the expression.

Tresesco's suggestion is one way to make the values distinct.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

It's smart, using the association which can achieve what I want. But I'm thinking if my question is absurd.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try below,

Load

Dual(Duplicate_Data, RowNo()) as Duplicate_Data

Inline

[

Duplicate_Data

];

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Your question is not absurd. But this is how qv works. And why qv would do so, because that is the way most of the business would like it to be.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonathan, you already make it clear. Dimensions categorizes data, they're labels and it should definitely group data. I was thinking I should do the grouping by myself...