Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show title based on choosen expression label

Hi,

I have grouped my expressions as they are Quantity and Income in my bar chart. I want to show the the title on the one whose choosen expression. If I chose quantity window title or chart title should show the sum(Quantity), otherwise If I chose Income, then title show sum(Income) like this... How can i do that ? Could you please advice me?

Thanks

Regards

Kezy

10 Replies
northerner
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Kezy,

Have you tried the GetCurrentField() function?

The syntax is: GetCurrentField(groupname)  - if you specify the name of your group, the function will return the currently selected value.

Hope this helps!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Northerner

Thanks for reply But;

As you see it is getcurrentfield it doesnt work with group. It works with Field ☹

northerner

Hi Kezban,

You're right - that's not going to work.  I have another idea:

Make sure that General->WIndow Title and Caption->Title Text are blank.  On the 'General' tab, check that 'Show Title in Chart' is selected.  The text box underneath should show <use first expression label>.  You should now see the label of the active expression in the title bar.

Hopefully this should work for you

Not applicable
Author

Hi North,

It is unbelieavable. You cant imagine how much time I have spent and couldnt find. How did you find it ? Thanks it works perfect well.

Very grateful

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

I forgot to ask in the last mail the last thing that;

Can I also show sum(quantitiy) near the ??? that would be great

Many thanks

northerner

Hi Kezban,

I'm not quite sure what you mean here - are you asking if it's possible to show the value of the expression total in the title bar?

Not applicable
Author

Yes I exactly have asked that.

Thanks İf you could give you advice.

northerner

I can think of one possible solution - you could include the expression total in the expression label, with a calculation something like:  ='Total Quantity ' & sum(Quantity)

The problem is that you will see the expression total in the column title, which you might not want to do.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Kezban,

Can you post your QVW?

Andy