Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show title from selection in group (expresion) on chart

Hi Help pls

I wish to be able to select from grouped expressions in a chart and see the name of the expresion i have selected as a title (subtitle).

the expressions refer to monthly data :

sum (if(MONTH=01,Usage,0))

the 1 way I have tried that comes close :

=If('sum ((if(MONTH=01,Usage,0)))'='sum ((if(MONTH=01,Usage,0))','Jan','select')

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

This isn't directly possible - but there are workarounds, see here: Getting the Expression name from a grouped Expression

- Marcus

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

I am not aware of a way to do this, and tend to not use grouped expressions and rather inject expressions in with a variable and buttons to set that variable to the correct expression.  You can then use the same button to set the title.

That aside, putting the expressions as you have them in a caption bar may seriously harm performance if you have a reasonable size data set.  If comparisons are much less efficient than the Set Analysis equivalent and nesting these in the caption will cause all of them to be evaluated.  I would recommend looking into whether you can re-write your expressions to use Set Analysis.

- Steve

Not applicable
Author

Ta!

Prince Khumalo

Data Analyst

prince.khumalo@cellc.co.za

This email and its contents are subject to our email legal notice which can be viewed at http://www.cellc.co.za/dl/cms/downloads/Email_legal_notice.pdf