cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ysiroong
Contributor III
Contributor III

Showing Specific Dates on a Line Chart with Continuous Axis

I have a chart where I want a data point for every day of the year and have all data points be visible without scrolling.  I know I'm supposed to check the box for continuous in the Axis tab, but when I do this, the chart shows the label for the first day of each month.

How can I get it to show the label for the last day of the month (while still plotting the points for all days in between)?

14 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share a sample file to look into?

ysiroong
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Document is attached.  You'll see that the x axis labels show month / first day.  I'd like for it to show the table for the last day instead.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

May be try this?

ARC:

LOAD

Month(SSDate) as M

, Day(SSDate) as D

, Day(MonthEnd(SSDATE)) AS MED

, FacNumber

, GrossPotential as CYGPI

, SqFtOccpy as CYSFO

RESIDENT Step2

WHERE Year(SSDate) = $(vCurrentYear)

;

JOIN (ARC)

LOAD

Month(SSDate) as M

, Day(SSDate) as D

, FacNumber

, GrossPotential as PYGPI

, SqFtOccpy as PYSFO

RESIDENT Step2

WHERE Year(SSDate) = $(vPriorYear)

;

DROP TABLE Step2;

Then use MED in your Chart instead of D.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Oh ok, i got it now. Can you also Load your SSDATE in your QV document cos we need to use some MonthEnd and MonthStart functions on that date. Update Like mentioned above:

ARC:

LOAD

Month(SSDate) as M

, Day(SSDate) as D

, SSDATE

, FacNumber

, GrossPotential as CYGPI

, SqFtOccpy as CYSFO

RESIDENT Step2

WHERE Year(SSDate) = $(vCurrentYear)

;

JOIN (ARC)

LOAD

Month(SSDate) as M

, Day(SSDate) as D

, SSDATE

, FacNumber

, GrossPotential as PYGPI

, SqFtOccpy as PYSFO

RESIDENT Step2

WHERE Year(SSDate) = $(vPriorYear)

;

DROP TABLE Step2;

Once you run adding these fields, please upload the latest sample.

ysiroong
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Data attached with Med and SSDate.  There's an issue with the month end column for Feburary due to 2016 being a leap year.  Month end for that year is 29 while this year is 28, so the results created duplicates.

ysiroong
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Vishwarath, any updates on this?  I still have been unable to show the end of month label on my charts.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I am very sorry, it got completely skipped out of my brains. I am not sure what exactly we are looking here. Can you explain it again please. Sorry was preoccupied with other stuff and completely forgot about what we are looking in this.

ysiroong
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No problem. 

I have a line chart that maps a data point for every day in a year.  I'm able to show all of the data points on the chart by selecting the Continuous checkbox on the Axis tab.  I want the x-axis (which shows the date label) to only show a label for the end of the month.  However, it looks like Qlikview dynamically determines what dates it will show depending on the amount of space available.

If the chart size is small, QlikView picks the first day of the month (1/1, 2/1,. 3/1).  If the chart size is larger, it will show the first day and the 15th day (1/1, 1/15, 2/1, 2/15, 3/1, 3/15).  I ONLY want the labels for the end of the month to show (1/31, 2/28/, 3/31).

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

OK, i am not sure if this is what you are looking for? let me know.

Capture.PNG