Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Showing message in the chart if the user needs to select any values to see the data

Hi All,

Please help me out for the following requirement.

error loading image

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

would just use a transparent text box and getselectedcount, where you include a 'show if' condition.

If(getselectedcount(year)<>1 AND getselectedcount(month)<>1)

As text you just write "Please select exactly one year & one month value."

Through the conditional show the text box only appears if the user has NOT selected one year and one month

Not applicable
Author

Or you can simply do it in the chart under General tab. Under Calculated conditions write "not isnull (year) and not isnull (month)". Replace year and month with the names in your application.

Then under Error messages - still under General tab - you tell the user what to do. Go to the last one - Calculated condition unfulfilled - and write "Please select at least one year and month".

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Use this condition in the Chart Properties->General->Calculation Condition

=if((Len(GetFieldSelections(Year))=0) OR (Len(GetFieldSelections(Month))=0), 0,1)

and change the Error message of "Calculation of condition unfulfilled" standard message as you wish.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Can some one please attach the sample document which gives the solution for my question.

Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Please see attached - two examples. One where it is possible to select only one value and one where it is possible to select more than one. It depends on your purpose which one you will choose.

Not applicable
Author

I couldn't attach the file before - got error - but here it is

Not applicable
Author

Where you have inserted this message "Please select one client" and "Please select at least one client". I am still not clear!

Not applicable
Author

If you right click on the table, choose properties and go under the general tab, then you see a button under the chart types that is called "Error messages". Click on that one and you see 6 standard messages. Click on the last one "Calculated condition fulfilled". In my application you will see the text "Please select .... " under Custom message. In your own application Custom message will be empty so just type whatever text you want the user to see.