Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Showing web images in QlikView web

Hi,

I have some older apps where I have used the simple model of having a URL (dynamically) to an image found on the web in a text box with Representation = Image. This has been used to show e.g. "Best selling product today is: " and then an image of the product.

Since a while back this functionality does not seem to work (tried various versions  or version 12.xx) when using the web client, while it still works in the regular Windows desktop client?

In the Desktop Client:

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 16.51.54.png

In my browser:

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 16.52.30.png

Anyone with the same experience? Any solutions?

I have tried several browsers including Chrome, IE, Safari.

Kind regards

Niklas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Is the Qlikview server allowed to access the remote file?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is a publicly available image on an e-commerce site (or as in my example above I took the URL to the Qlik logo on qlik.com).

If I am working on the actual QlikView server it works on Desktop and actually also on Desktop > Open in Server.

So I don't think it could be an access right question.

Loading the images into the app is not an option because the underlying image database is 1 million images/products.

Kind regards

Niklas

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Fine, but is the Qlikview server allowed to go on the internet outside the network it's part of and access the image?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am not sure if you mean the actual "QlikView Server" software  or the hardware server where QlikView is installed.

If just the "hardware" server I just wrote:

If I am working on the actual QlikView server it works on Desktop and actually also on Desktop > Open in Server.

(Being logged in as the same user that runs the Qlik services).

Kind regards

NIklas

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this post: Re: Image not viewed in pivot / webview

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Fantastic.

You are not only great a Qlik, but you are obviously also a better "browser" than I am.

On a funny side note my final test was now to create a PDF-report that used the same text object and running that report in web. That worked... even though the image did not show in the app it did show in the PDF-report...

Settings.ini changed now and it now works correctly again.

Always impressed!

Niklas