Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Simple Heat Map (google) Example

Hi,

I need to put together a simple Heat Map.  I have a data file with Longtitude and Latitude against a UK Post Code.  Does anyone have a basic demo app that I can use and develop?

Really appreciate your help.

Fiorano

8 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Check this one out http://community.qlik.com/message/292998

I just updated Alexander's example to use Google's heatmap layer.

Not applicable
Author

HI

Thanks for reading my post.

Im totally new to Qlikview and feel this may be a bit in depth for me.  Im not too sure where to get started with the sample you have provided.

Are you able to help with some further explanation?

Really appreciate your help,

Fiorano

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

What are you trying to achieve?

If you download the sample and install the extension it should be easy to change the qvw to load your information.

Not applicable
Author

Im using QV11 and cant work out where to install the extension....  I have a large dataset of people with longtitude and latitude and need to show a density map...

Many thanks for your help

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Extension will get installed by double clicking on it.

Edit the QVW Script, load the file with the information.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Is this screen shot correct ?

qlick_heatmap1.bmp

Many thanks

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

If you are willing to share your dataset, only the lat/lng/zip codes, I could throw something together for you.

The google maps extensions is way over due for an update anyways so I could incorporate both heat maps, pushpins and clusters for you. Could have that done by next week.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alexander,

Really appreciate your time on this.  Sorry for the late reply - but Ive been out of the office since your last reply.

I've attached a sample csv file which contains a descriptor, uk post code, lat and long.

Many many thanks for your help. Heat Maps and clusters would be awesome for my application!!!!

Fiorano