Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Single Bar(Stacked)

Hi All,

I want to create a single stacked bar chart(attached image for the reference). Is there a way to do that?

I am also attaching the excel data sheet for the reference.

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

please find attached document

Not applicable
Author

Nice Work around..........:) Thanks Gysbert

Could you Please suggest any work around for the displaying % of promotional and non-promotional thing also?

Not applicable
Author

Nice Work around..........:) Thanks amayspatil

Could you Please suggest any work around for the displaying % of promotional and non-promotional thing also?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

Not applicable
Author

HeY Gysbert Thanks for the reply, this is what i wanted. But could you please explain the conditional dimension that you have created for the chart?

Thanks in Advance

Arun

Gysbert_Wassenaar

This one?

=dual(Category, FieldIndex('Payment Type',[Payment Type])*10+FieldIndex('Category',Category))

What it does is create a dual value, meaning it has a text value and a numeric value. The text value is just the value of the Category dimension. The numeric value is to sort the categories correctly so the Promotional categories come first and the Non-promotional categories come after that.

Come to think of it, I should have calculated this in the script instead of using a calculated dimension. On the bright side, you get to learn what the fieldindex function does . I've also used it in the expression that assigns the colors to the category segments and in the legend chart so every category will get the same color in both charts.

Anyway, in the qlikview in-memory database every field has a symbol table (see this blog post). The fieldindex function looks up the index number of the value in that symbol table. I use these index numbers to create a number to sort on.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Gysbert

I am not able to understand how did you sort the category data values from this expression:

FieldIndex('Payment Type',[Payment Type])*10+FieldIndex('Category',Category))

Could you please explain this in brief?

Thanks in Advance

Not applicable
Author

Ok......I think i got what you have explained.

So, just for knowledge. Can you please list the scenarios or situation or cases where we should use the following functions:

1.) Dual

2.) FieldIndex

Thanks in Advance

Arun