Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sizing and Moving Chart Components (Multiple)

Is there any way to move multiple chart components at the same time? I have around 10 things I need to move in my chart and I want them all to stay in the same relation to one another. Holding down shift and control only seems to let you do one at a time. Thanks!

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Start with the menu choice Layout->Rearrange Sheet Objects. Then you should be able to select multiple objects and move them as a group at the same time.   Hold down your left mouse key and draw a loop completely around the objects to select them, or select one by clicking on it and then select others by holding down Shift as you click on them, or Ctrl-a will select all objects on the sheet.              Make sure the objects' Properties->Layout tab allows Move/Size. After you select multiple objects you can adjust the Move/Size properties of all of them at once.

Not applicable
Author

I am not looking to move multiple objects around but rather move multiple components of a single object around. There is only a single chart that I am working with (which qlikview treats as one object as far as I know). Within that chart I have a bunch of different text in chart boxes that I need to move. As far as I know the only way to move them is to hold down Control+Shift and move them one by one. The problem is I have a large number of them that I need to move at the same time (and I want them to stay in the same relative positions). Moving them one by one would take much longer and it would be very hard to keep them in the same relative positions. What I want to know is if there is any way possible to move all of these boxes within my chart at the same time. Hopefully that makes sense, I can attach pictures if needed.

Not applicable
Author

Here is a picture to help clarify what I am trying to do.Qlikview Chart Text.png

Not applicable
Author

I don't know how to move those chart elements as a group as you described. If you could arrange them as text expressions in a transparent text object in the top layer then you could moved that around on top of your chart object.

marcelo_7
Creator
Creator

Select the graph and hold Shift + Ctrl and red squares will appear around the components.

QlikUpdate
Creator
Creator

Hold down Shift and Alt. Then click on the items you want to select. This works like using CTRL in other applications.

Not applicable
Author

This was the correct answer.

On here it mentioned using Grid View and then holding shift.

Since it says QV10 I assume that's why it was not working for QV11.

It seems such a subtle yet important change...

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

From what I understand, you want to move multiple objects in sheet at once without distorting their inter-positions. For this, go to View - select Design Grid - hover your mouse over all the objects you want to move - all these objects will now be selected. You can then move these objects together.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Karan

shinnickr
Creator II
Creator II

THANK YOUUU!!!!!