Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slow "Sent to excel" function with QV12 (ajax)

Hi,

We recently upgraded from QV11 to the latest QV12 version. Our users are using heavily the function to export data into excel with right click "sent to excel". We're using the ajax version. However, we noticed that the export speed is really, really bad now. It was possible without any problems to export a table with 20'000 records in seconds - now we're facing timeouts. I know, we could modify the timeout - but I can't see any improvement, change or whatever to the function.

Anyone else suffering? Any ini improvements known?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

There was changes to the export feature because Qlik could now export to xlsx. As the xml-format of the xlsx are far more "complex" as the old biff-format it might take significantly longer to create them (at least in the reverse direction by loading data from excel there is a significantly difference within the speed between both fileformattings).

I assume that there are also multiple settings within any of the config/ini-files which could have an impact. Maybe this is one is helpful for you: Re: Export to excel .xlsx on QV server 12.2

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

There was changes to the export feature because Qlik could now export to xlsx. As the xml-format of the xlsx are far more "complex" as the old biff-format it might take significantly longer to create them (at least in the reverse direction by loading data from excel there is a significantly difference within the speed between both fileformattings).

I assume that there are also multiple settings within any of the config/ini-files which could have an impact. Maybe this is one is helpful for you: Re: Export to excel .xlsx on QV server 12.2

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

S***, you're completely right. I forgot the xlsX thing...

The linked thread, is perfect - we'll switch back to xls and check how it works