Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting Issue

I am sorting data from different dimensions into a custom mapped P&L.  One line sometimes has data and sometimes the data is missing (Not 0), but I always want it to show up on line 6.  When the current Month data is missing the line defaults to last.  My sort is as follows:

=if(PnL='Item1',1, if(PnL='Item2',2, if(PnL='Item2',3, if(PnL='Item4',4, if(PnL='Item5',5, if(PnL='Item6',6, if(PnL='Item7',7, if(PnL='Item8',8, if(PnL='Item9',9, if(PnL='Item10',10, if(PnL='Item11',11,)))))))))))

Is there a way to assure that Item 6 stays on line 6 even if current period data is missing?  I've tried saying after line 11 that the alternative is line 6 and it still doesn't work.Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The problem was taken care of by switching to a straight table from a pivot table

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry Craig, I don't follow what you're trying to achieve. Can you post your qvw file so we can take a look?

Jason

Not applicable
Author

I cannot post this particular file, but let me try to explain a little better.

I am doing a custom sort which orders a bunch of objects. 

There is one line though which qlikview doesn't recognize and falls to the bottom of my custom sort.

I found the reason qlikview doesn't recognize this:

The data appears like this

Jan          Feb     Mar       Apr        May        Jun,   Jul

233124,   3125,   3214,    1643,     #Missing, 1234, 0

The sort is correct for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, and Jul but May results in qlikview not recognizing the data because it is missing and the line item falls to the bottom of the sort.  Is there a way to say If(Line=Missing or no data?

Does that clarify the question at all?

Thanks

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

So you want to sort by month? Still not with you mate! You say sort by a bunch of objects. Do you mean dimensions?

Not applicable
Author

I can put together a quick rough draft

Not applicable
Author

I have attached a real simple file to show kind of what I'm looking at.

You can sort by the month and there is a dimension with say 7 lines.

I want line 4 to appear as line 1, but the data is missing in the database.  This results in qlikview not reading the data in in my real version it only appears as the last line with no sort applied.

So the sort is just a sort of the order in which the dimension is displayed.

Does that make sense?

The probelm is not shown in my file attached but where my file shows #Missing data( that is where my problem is in my personal file).

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

The problem was taken care of by switching to a straight table from a pivot table

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

All sorted then?  I haven't had a chance to look at the doc yet.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, all sorted thank you very much